No-Bake Delicious Don't Tell Anyone it's Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Cheesecake can be Vegan? Who knew?! Well it turns out you can make vegan anything and there doesn't have to be any tofu involved. Here is an amazing recipe that will make you all wonder what the big deal is about cheesecake made from cows anyway? Cashews deserve some attention too.
Behold: your next creation.
No Bake - Strawberry Cheesecake, (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds or almond flour
- 3 dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Redmond’s Real Salt
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in cool water preferably overnight or for at least four hours (alternative is to set in boiling water for one hour) though this should be your last resort if you want to experience the creamiest cheesecake of your life!
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk or 1/4 cup coconut cream (shake first!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen straw berries thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- Grease pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- Blend crust ingredients. Press dough into pan.
- Combine all filling ingredients except for freeze dried strawberries and blend for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth. You may need to add a bit more coconut milk or lemon juice.
- Pour 2/3 of the filling over the crust. Place in the freezer.
- Add the freeze dried strawberries to the remaining batter and blend to incorporate. Spread on top and put back in the freezer.
- Next take fresh strawberries, lemon juice and chia seeds blended until smooth.
- Set in freezer until firm (about 3 hours). Run your knife under hot water and dry it before cutting cheesecake for the best results!
- Serve frozen or let them thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Go back home now, before your Grandma finds out you made a cheesecake with no cheese!